Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years of experience
77476456

Do we as small business owners have any legal rights to deal

Customer Question

Do we as small business owners have any legal rights to deal with Yelp and/or Google concerning wrong information that they publish about us including our address........even when we try to contact them and the issue is NOT resolved....Google for instance has my office on their maps located 1 mile away from where I am!!!!!!
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
my answer should have a means of resolution or else we just quit now.......I am a little perturbed by your long delay for answer especially if you end up calling me later when I am really busy! You should let us know up front that this can take a day!!!!!!!!!!
Expert:  Gerald, Esq replied 11 months ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow up questions you have.

I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question.

Thank you for your patience. I just received your post. I wish I could give you the information that I am sure you would like to hear, but I am afraid that the news is not what you want to hear.

The web sites are not liable for damages under the law for publishing inaccurate information of the type that you have described. If you review the terms of service on their sites you will see that they use best efforts to publish public record information. Often that information has errors in it.

I hope you understand that I do not want to provide you misleading information that would cause you to waste your valuable time and money.

I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow up questions, feel free to ask. Please note that I am generally unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.

I hope the information I have provided is useful to you and that I have earned a positive rating from you. It costs you nothing extra, and is the only way I get credit for my attempt to assist you.

If you are dissatisfied with my response PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you and only ask the same from you.

Good luck,

Please note: Information given is not legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.