Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

Name: ***** ***** Question: going to a judge trial in small

Customer Question

Customer: Name : ***** ***** Question: going to a judge trial in small claims, not clear how to brng evidence, ie pictures, does judge have to see them first, do I have to file them with the court or just bring them to trial. The opposing party will e sent a copy of all pictures.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: poor installation of marble and damage to tile and drywall and entrance door frames while doing new bath partial remodeling
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $36) to post your type of question to Legal Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ok
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 11 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
In order for you to introduce evidence in court during your case it must be "authenticated," which means you or the person who has firsthand knowledge that the evidence is original must testify to the court that it is so. This means if you took photographs then you tell the court you have photographs that you personally took and the date and that you would like to introduce them as evidence as they are authenticated.
If the evidence is from someone else, such as an expert or other contractor, then you need to put the expert or other contractor up to testify and ask them if they created the document or whatever you want to introduce as evidence, show them the document and ask if that is the document. When they say it is, then you ask the court to enter it into evidence as the witness has authenticated the evidence.