Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
91018665

I own a medical billing company in California and our office

Customer Question

Hi I own a medical billing company in California and our office always bills according to the rules and current guidelines and always keeps our clients compliment. Recently a client wanted our office to bill out charges that are not ethical and already included in the initial report. We explained in detail and provided proof on several occasions and the provider demanded for our office to bill these charges and we have refused since it's not correct and is fraud. He recently called our office and placed us on suspension due to this referring us to idiots and threating to call other clients and tell them to also suspend services as well. It's a big client but do not want to be bullied or treated poorly. What legal actions do I have and he is also holding payment for services rendered last month hostage. Please help
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 11 months ago.

I am sorry to hear about your situation. You could sue them for breach of contract or report them to the medical board, but you do end up likely ending that relationship and that income for your business. You can also file an injunction preventing them from contacting other clients.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ok thank you. I think I will end up doing more harm to my company if I bill fraudulent charges. How would I file an injunction is this with the court?

You ideally should have an attorney do it, but you simply need to file a motion with the court asking the judge to prevent this client from contacting current customers. It would also help if you have some sort of language in your contract with him, but if not, you can still ask.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Are you located in CA?

No, I am not. If you need a referral, contact your local or state bar association. they keep lists of attorneys experienced in various practice areas.

If you do not need further assistance, please accept and rate the service so that it can be closed out.