How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 31016
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My name is and i got a dui dec.11,2014.first time arrested,.

Customer Question

my name is ***** ***** i got a dui dec.11,2014.first time arrested,. .o4alcoho, but ambien was involved, for i hadent stept in 3 days. i had my 11 yr old daughter in the car that horrible night thinking night was day, and i 'drove her to school'when i was arrested. i was horrified and distraut thot i had lost my daughter, and so gave up custody and gave her to my ex. he is extremely wealthy and has a bulldog wife who has never liked me. anyway, they had custody papers drawn up with strick rules, one that seraiah our daughter was not allow to drive with me. its been one year, and i just finished all my outpatient classes with flying colors,also getting my'interlock divice' off my car jan 14,2016. i asked my ex if he and his wife would allow seraigh to drive with me (being i finished my required classes and interlock would be off) ,"no" they said. may i make a motion to get this changed? also my daughter and i want back together. i was a stay home mom with her till this left 06
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Roger replied 11 months ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

Expert:  Roger replied 11 months ago.

Yes, you can file a motion to modify the custody order with regard to this provision and ask the court to lift or relax that provision given that you've completed all of your court-ordered requirements and that you're now completely capable of driving with your daughter without issue.

Expert:  Roger replied 11 months ago.

The court will take into consideration that it's been more than a year since you had issues and that you're going to have an interlock device on our vehicle, which will be a safeguard for you and anyone traveling with you -- including your daughter.

Expert:  Roger replied 11 months ago.

The judge will do what is in the best interest of the child, so hopefully, your re-direction over the past year proves to the judge that you've changed and that you're capable of handling this responsibility.

Expert:  Roger replied 11 months ago.

Please let me know if you need anything further. Also, please take time to positively rate our conversation so I may receive credit for assisting. Thanks again!

Related Legal Questions