Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

Husband exposed to toxic chemicals/mold and got lung

Customer Question

Husband exposed to toxic chemicals/mold and got lung infection Oct. 2009. Tests continuously showed infiltrates in section of right lung. 2/10 Wrong section of right lung was biopsied, and he was misdiagnosed with pneumonia, even as tests showed malignancy and was given methylprednisone by Internist whereby he contacted NTM - 2/10 Internist ordered PET Scan and Bronchoscopy - which Pulmonologist canceled (per Internist's office and hosp records). 3/10 Tests continued to show malignancy - but pulmnologist kept saying it's not lung cancer - - it's pneumonia - He said Internist should not have said malignant lung cancer - even after seeing reports of malignancy in test results. 4/10 Pulmonologist and Infectious Disease doctors then fired Jack (without explanation) - wife/advocate was asking too many questions and taking up too much time (stated by Internist and Pulmonologist). Without proper MSK-IMPACT testing (confirmed by American Cancer Society and Sloan Kettering Cancer in NY, malignancy spread. Proper testing in stage -0- small cell lung cancer can be treated by surgery - - AND CURED. After being fired, in May 2010, Jack saw Dr. ***** *****bby, pulmonologist specialist at Cornell in NY - who ordered further testing - then on to Dr. Jeffrey Binder, regular pulmonoligst in NY - who ordered more testing. In Sept. 2010 Jack was diagnosed with small cell lung cancer by Dr. Krug, oncologist at Sloan Kettering in NY. In Nov. 2010, after PET Scan, broncoscopy, etc. at Cleveland Clinic in Fl, Jack was diagnosed with SCLC. Wife asked Dr. Bruno Bastos, oncologist at Cleveland Clinic in FL if infiltrates were diagnosed and treated correctly, could Jack have been saved from the spread of SCLS, as all tests results showed, and DR. BASTOS - SAID YES. 1/11 Jack started chemo at CC in FL and continued for 6 months - followed by radiation to chest - and then radiation to the brain (MRI showed cancer had not yet spread to brain- but it was still recommended). 12/11 Jack then had a stroke, was hospitralized, went to Nursing Home and finally to Rosary Hill Hospice in NY. After much suffering, he passed on Apr. 11, 2012. Wife was in grief, had complications from diabetes, diagnosed with spinal stenosis - now feels well enough to pursue this unfortunate case. Her sister was also diagnosed with Alzheimer's. Jack was a retired NY atty. living in W. Palm Beach, FL, and was given wrong meds (immunocompromised person) causing NTM, misdiagnosed, fired by doctors, and the doctors were involved in concealment, treated Jack in a completely unprofessional manner, and this was unfortunately the cause of his death. I have all test results, handwritten notes of Internist ordering PET Scan and Broncoscopy and canceled by Pulmonologist back in Feb. 2010. IS THERE ANY SOLUTION FOR THIS TERRIBLE MISJUSTICE??? In Jack's memory and honor, I will continue with this case. I would appreciate any help and input that you can give. Thank you. Mrs. John Manning (Nancy)
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

I am sorry about your husband and his loss.

have you shown this information to a medical malpractice lawyer. you can and see if you have a case to sue the first doctors who canceled the PET scans and who biopsied the wrong areas in the lung.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am currently trying to get a Medical Malpractice/Wrongful Death Attny. in Fl, but they are very hesitate about this case because it is after the 2 yr Statute of Limitations. I need an extension to 4 yr. with extenuating circumstances - - and I have proof of all allegations. MISDIAGNOSIS, WRONG MEDS, CONCEALMENT OF TESTS, FRAUD, FINANCIAL LOSSES. Any suggestions on a Medical Malpractice atty licensed in FL who would take on this case
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

have you contacted Scott R. McMillen

http://floridamalpractice.com/medical-malpractice-lawyers-in-florida/

Morgan and Morgan

http://www.forthepeople.com/attorneys/

(###) ###-####/p>

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com