Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

I LIVE IN MARYLAND. MY ONLY INCOME IS FROM ALIMONY AND

Customer Question

I LIVE IN MARYLAND. MY ONLY INCOME IS FROM ALIMONY AND SOCIAL SECURITY. I AM 72 RS OLD AND WANT TO KNOW IF THERE ARE ANY CONSIDERATIONS TO MY TAXABLE INCOME DUE TO MY AGE.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 11 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
You still have to claim the alimony as income. However, most times your SS retirement payment is not going to be taxable unless you are receiving some large alimony payment. So, generally, your SS is not going to be taxable, just your alimony, but if your income is that low you likely will not be paying much at all.