Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I am trying to obtain a state firearms permit and have been

Customer Question

I am trying to obtain a Washington state firearms permit and have been turned down for following reasons: Prohibitive convictions per RCW 9.41.040 &/or RCW 9.41.090 (5)(4) and/or 18.USC.922(g)(1) What does all this mean and why is this coming up more than 30 years later after I have done "the time and paid the crime" and have been exonerated??
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 11 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
What do you mean you have been exonerated? Were you found not guilty? Did you receive a pardon?
What was the crime you were convicted of? Your criminal record does not just go away because it has been 30 years, it always remains unless you have been pardoned and it has been subsequently expunged from your record.