P. Simmons, Attorney
Experience:  16 yrs. of trial experience
11181181

I was adopted after I was married. I have never changed my

Customer Question

I was adopted after I was married. I have never changed my name on any legal documents how do I go about doing so?
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 11 months ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

The process is not complex. You will need to file a request with the court....but this is something you can do yourself (no need to hire an attorney)

Head to your county court and talk to the clerk of the court. They can give you the form you need.

OR use this one
http://www.flcourts.org/core/fileparse.php/293/urlt/982a.pdf

You file the form, pay the fee, wait till it is signed and just like that your name is changed

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
My maiden name has already been legally changed. I need to change it on all other legal documents. Is this the form I use?

You need to change with the court first. THEN you can change on your other documents.

YOu can change your name more than one time.