How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 18801
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How is it that my daughters mom got on welfare and now I am

Customer Question

how is it that my daughters mom got on welfare and now I am ordered to pay child support, we have never been broke up! both my daughter and her mother live with me and I support both of them
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Your daughter's mom obviously lied about your living arrangement to get on welfare.

You may file Motion for termination of the Child Support Order and tell the Court your reasons: you are currently living with your daughter's mother and are paying household expenses. You may also inform Welfare department that she lives with you and you are providing for the family. Doing this, informing the welfare department about your living situation may get her in deep trouble. She could be charged with welfare fraud.