How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CalAttorney2 Your Own Question
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 10244
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
CalAttorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Additional Funding school, Someone going to a public law

Customer Question

Additional Funding for law school,Someone going to a public law college wants to know sources of additional funding for her law education. She is half way done through law college for her JD law -patent attorney degree. She is getting loan through her college that pays for her tuition but does not leave enough funds for living expenses. Can you guide?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.

Getting a job (either with a law firm, or outside of the legal field) is probably the best way to get additional funds without incurring increasing amounts of debt.

There are a few scholarships out there - if the student is willing to spend the time searching for them, but the amounts are generally low, but charitable groups such as service clubs will often have these available.

If the student is very good in school, the school itself may have scholarships available. (Sometimes transferring from one school to another (generally done between the 1L and 2L years) is a way to find a better financial aid package with more scholarships. However, these scholarships will not increase the overall financial aid package - they will only tilt the loan to scholarship ratio, which of course is very important as it lowers the after-graduation debt.