Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  16 yrs practice, Civil, Criminal, Domestic, Realtor, Landlord 26 yrs
19958803

Do i have to let someone move in if they only own 10% of

Customer Question

do i have to let someone move in if they only own 10% of house
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.

.

.

Unfortunately, the answer is yes unless there is some type of written agreement where the other person has given up their right to occupy the property, like with a lease. Whether a person owns 1% or 99%, they have a legal right to use and possess the property the same as any other partial owner in the absence of some written agreement stating otherwise.

.

I am very sorry that I don’t have better news, but please understand that I do have an ethical and professional obligation to provide customers with legally correct answers based on my knowledge and experience, even when I know the answer doesn’t make the customer happy...

.

.

thanks