Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  16 yrs practice, Civil, Criminal, Domestic, Realtor, Landlord 26 yrs
19958803

As the trustee whom others have power of attorney over

Customer Question

As the trustee whom others have power of attorney over me-how do I rescind or revoke that power of attorney-and what is the process?
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.

.

Are you saying that you are the "grantor" and have given other people powers of attorney to act on your behalf?

.

And now you want to revoke those powers of attorney from the people who hold them?

.

.

thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am the original recipient who gave my power of attorney over me to my parents in 2009- I wish to revoke it ASAP/ how do I do this- what is the process?
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

Ok, if you gave them a POA to act on your behalf, then all you have to do is write out a "revocation of POA" and then sign it and have two witnesses sign it in front of a notary. Then you just need to deliver a signed copy to anyone you have given a POA and it would instantly revoke it upon them receiving it.

.

I also recommend delivering a copy to any financial institution or business where they might have used the POA in the past, like banks, so they are aware it has been revoked.

.

If you didn't want to write up your own, you can get a template below from a legal forms site I use myself when I need a form for a minimal cost.

.

SD POA Revocation Form

.

.

thanks