Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

I have a small company and we charge out clients through

Customer Question

I have a small company and we charge out clients through authorize.net. we process people's credit card information on our computer.
Recently authorize.net said they weren't going to keep working with us because they didn't know enough about us. They aias they were going to close the account. So after explaining everything to them they said I had to keep it less than 12,000 a month in the charges through them.
I got a little worried because in some months we do more than that through them.
I decided that we needed to work with at least 3 companies like them just to be on the safe side in case one didn't want to work with us anymore. After I started calling them one of the companies said that if I keep applying for these companies it will be more difficult for them to accept working with me. So I do not know what to do.
May someone who knows about this be willing to speak to me on the phone ?
Thanks
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 11 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If you are having an issue with authorize.net, you may want to try Paypal and Square, since they work together and you can do online payments as well as in person credit card payments through them with little to no issues.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I was in contact with Stripe, another company that process online payment and they told me I shouldn't be using multiple payment getaway companies, otherwise they wouldn't deposit the money for me thinking its some kind of scam. The problem is that since authorize owes me money, how can I keep using only one company that I don't trust?
Also I'd like to work with more than one company so if one stops working with me I have the other one as a back up.
Authorize.net also said I have to keep the account within to 12 thousand dollars of charges per month. No more
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have used square but they don't let employees that work out of the country charge my clients
Thank you for your reply.
You would have to first negotiate with Authorize.net to close out your account and then set up with paypal, who does allow out of the country payments or some other service. So you need to negotiate to get your money from authorize.net and then open a new account from a new company.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi sir. This is a very important and critical topic for me. I am not very confident on your knowledge about this. May I please get another expert?
Thank you for your reply.
Just because I am not telling you what you want to hear gives you absolutely no right to claim I do not know what I am talking about. However, as you wish, I am opting out as I choose to no longer care to work with you regardless.
You seem to think you have a right outside of what your contract says with the payment company, but you do not. So you have to cancel the payment company contract, in accordance with the terms of the contract. If you do not do so, you are bound to that contract.
I cannot change the law, but because I have to tell you the law does not mean I do not know what I am talking about just because YOU happen not to like what the law says.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It is not that you are telling me something else other than what I want to hear.
Please opt out. Thank you very much though : )
As you say.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi Law Educator. Please opt out as I want another expert for this. I'm sorry. Thanks.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 10 months ago.
I have opted out that is all I can do, I cannot make another expert take the question. I am sorry.