LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Experience:  10+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
9540344

If a second degree felony burglery of habitation is down

Customer Question

if a second degree felony burglery of habitation is down graded to a criminal trespass what could the sentence be
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 1 year ago.

Is this the defendants first offense?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no she already has a felony to her name i think
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
drug related

And what is this in?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thats all that i am aware of it might be a felony possession to distribute I am not aware

A criminal trespass charge can carry jail time but it is unlikely. The State will look at her priors and determine if the appropriate sentence/plea is probation or if they will resolve something like this with as little as a fine and court costs. There is no way to know what type of sentence they will impose BUT if they are willing to amend a felony charge to a misdemeanor, they likely are not going to be seeking jail time and if anything, will look for probation.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!