Richard, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with 29 years of experience.
17027240

Im a mother of 5 just got kickd out my house im in the

Customer Question

Hi im a mother of 5 just got kickd out my house im in the streets with my Ijids no job my mom had told me i had till the 15 to pay rent if i didn't pay rent then she would give me 30 days but she has broke her word and threw me out on the 28th what can i do.
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.

Good evening. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

I'm so sorry to hear of your situation? She threw you out without getting an eviction order from the court? Thanks.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
she dirent serve me with any papers she just calld the cops on me
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.

Thanks for following up. This is an illegal eviction. Even if you are in default, the law does not allow a landlord to forcibly evict a tenant without obtaining an eviction order from a court. What that means is that before she can take any self-help steps to evict you, such as changing the locks, removing your things, or locking you out, she must first deliver a 5-Day Notice to quit in Nevada...which basically says you have 5 days to leave or face eviction. But, if you still don't leave, she has to file a petition with the court for an eviction order. Depending upon the court's docket, it can take anywhere from about 15 days to a couple of months to get a hearing. Only when a judge has issued the eviction order can legally force or lock you out. Anything else is an unlawful eviction. You should call the police yourself and inform them of the facts and demand that the police allow you back into the house. And, you should let your mother know that her actions constituted an illegal eviction which subjects her to your actual damages and punitive damages for her intentional and willful actions. Your actual damages include the cost of your room and board elsewhere for the entire time you should have been allowed to remain in the home while she was pursuing the eviction option.

Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as OK, Good or Excellent (hopefully Good or Excellent). Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!