MIAMILAW1127
MIAMILAW1127, Lawyer
Experience:  Founding Partner at Moises Law, P.A.
89829185

My son was a passanger in a car stop,the driver refused to a

Customer Question

my son was a passanger in a car stop,the driver refused to a search and car was impounded awaiting warrant police officer would not let passanger son take his cell phone is this legal and what to do
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Thank you for contacting me. I am a consultant here and I am looking forward to assisting you with your question. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Please be patient as I will be typing my responses to you from scratch. Also, I can only answer/address the questions you ask specifically based on the information your provide. Please try to provide as much information as possible so I can best assist you.

Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Did your son have the phone on him or was the phone in the vehicle?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
next to him on seat
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
also no arrest as of yet
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hello I have been waiting 2 hours
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
cell fell on seat and cop said now its evidence

I apologize. I am back to answer your question.

If it was in the car at the time the car was impounded, it remains in the car as evidence until such time as the car is released.