Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

I tried to make a connection in my community which I haven't

Customer Question

I tried to make a connection in my community which I haven't had much luck with.
We were txting back and forth Hes says "I approached the situation wrong" ,but new We both would usually meet people that way and informally agreed so.And says" He wasn't comfortable with the level of interaction I was trying to force on him".Even though He said he was up for making connections in the town and offered to meet the week we next spoke.I had just said Id like to meet some time.And then He used the threat tactic claiming I was "keeping tabs" on 'were he worked.what routes he takes,and when he goes out at night .I met him in an art shop and knew he was involved so I offered him my number and he was very exepting of it ever since (oct 31) really after that Thursday nov11 ,I believe ,when we had agreed to meet but called and didn't leave a message after I stepped out the door ive tried off and on to meet him just because I got different things from him, and wanted to know how he felt ,and what I could do to respect it. so yes, stopped in the shop ocaisionally I didn't feel right about it myself it was the only way to contact him.im not interested,nor do I know how to keep tabs on someone's route, or what they do at night i'm usually in bed by 6 o clock. don't give a damn anyway I was just making a connection in the community ,and He agreed to it. To me this seems like a dishonest threat to my we being when he texted back ater all this that he was going to "let someone else haddle it" what legal counter claim can I hypothetically make and what can I do about this?
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 11 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Him making these type of threats to you are not a violation of the law at this point. If he ever files a false lawsuit against you or falsely files for a restraining order against you, then you could have a legal claim against him for malicious prosecution. Up to this point you have nothing other than his strange behavior which is not illegal.
What you need to do here is to cease and desist ALL communication with him. Even if he texts you first, do not communicate with him because something is evidently wrong with him if he is making these allegations against you. It is time to cut all ties with him and make connections with someone else.