Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

My son was fired and he isn't the employee that stole. Is

Customer Question

My son was fired for theft and he isn't the employee that stole. Is there any way we can fight this? He has a family at home, he is a volunteer fire fighter, and possibly going into law enforcement. This is not a good thing to have on his record. Can they legally fire him and ruin his reputation? He wasn't even at work when the wallet was supposedly logged in and there is no proof in the light that the other employee logged it in.
Expert:  LawTalk replied 11 months ago.

Good afternoon Patricia,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your son's situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. I am a CA licensed attorney (more than 30 years) with significant experience in employment law.

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a nominal charge I can offer you a phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread. Let me know if you don't want a call and I will be happy continue here with an answer for you.

Either way, whether I call you or not, in order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. Has your son filed for unemployment benefits yet?

2. Did your son have an employment contract with this recent employer?

Thanks in advance,

Doug