CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
71563194

, I was in arizona yesterday and got a ticket section

Customer Question

Customer: hello
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I was in arizona yesterday and got a ticket section 28-70102A3 the ticket says I was driving 94 at 75...
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $36) to post your type of question to Legal Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
On the ticket, it also writes "exceed 25 mph" but I only exceeded 19 mph (94-75=19).
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 11 months ago.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for using our forum. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today.

I am sorry to learn about your issue, please understand, you are being cited with a criminal (misdemeanor) violation (as compared to a traffic citation) and this does carry a risk of a jail sentence (this is generally a class 3 misdemeanor with a penalty of up to 30 days in jail).

Most individuals with a clean record are able to negotiate this down to a traffic citation, but please be aware of the severity of this matter going into it.

You may want to consider retaining a local (local to the county where your citation was issued) attorney to represent you in this matter.

You can represent yourself if you choose, but having an attorney will be helpful.

If you do choose to represent yourself, ensure that you appear in court on the hearing date scheduled, and that you listen carefully to what is stated by the judge and the prosecutor, generally you will have multiple hearings - the first is where you will be permitted to enter a plea (most defendants enter a plea of "not guilty" - this permits them to negotiate a plea with the prosecutor's office - if you plead "guilty" - the judge will sentence you based on the statute above).

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thanks for your response. I had one normal traffic ticket in Oregon and two normal traffic ticket in Oklahoma. Other than those, I do not think I have any charge or record. Is my record consided as clean?

Dear Customer,

You have multiple citations on your record - the court can consider the length of time between those violations and the date of the current citation in determining the current violation (as will the prosecutor in determining any sort of plea bargain).

Unfortunately, I cannot speculate on what the court will do with a particular case on this forum - doing so would be a disservice to you as I would be merely guessing at what a particular judge (or prosecutor) may or may not do (I don't even know which judge you will be assigned to).

But, I would definitely recommend hiring a lawyer if I were you. Reducing this matter from a criminal conviction to a traffic citation makes a huge difference.

You can find local attorneys using the State and local Bar Association directories, or private directories such as www.AVVO.com; www.FindLaw.com; or www.Martindale.com (I personally find www.AVVO.com to be the most user friendly).