How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Expert_James Your Own Question
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 11231
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Expert_James is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We have a sales incentive trip in Vail CO in early January.

Customer Question

We have a sales incentive trip in Vail CO in early January. I purchased 400 $100 VISA gift cards to give to the attendees. Can I travel with approximately $40K in gift cards with my carry on without an issue? Do I need to declare like when I travel international and have to declare more than $10K in cash?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Expert_James replied 1 year ago.

Yes, this is not a problem at all. As long as they were purchased lawfully, there is no prohibition from traveling domestically with money in any amount.

Kindly remember to give me a positive rating before leaving this site today. I do not get a salary here, so your positive rating is the only way I am rewarded for doing my job. If that does not happen, it is as if I never worked, which I am sure you agree would not be an ideal outcome. So please do not forget to give me 3 or more stars, or any smiling faces, in order to help me get credit for doing my job.

Thank you!

Expert:  Expert_James replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I’m just checking in to see how things are going and to confirm that you received my answers.

Do you need more help or need me to explain anything else? Please respond so that I know what to do next.