Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

My family and I were illegally evicted about 2weeks ago. The

Customer Question

My family and I were illegally evicted about 2weeks ago. The complex in which we live accepted partial payment of my rent. The payment was notated to there system and a reciept was given to us. There was a disposition that was never cancelled also. Subsequently the management team that took my rent payments and filed the eviction had been relieved by a new group of managers. The new management acted on the eviction and proceeded to have mine and my family's things thrown out and damaged in the rain only to have to stop because after further investigating, the new management team saw payments had been accepted on our behalf. So now the team of evictors has more than half of my apartment damaged and sitting in a parking stall getting wet from the rain. Once the evictors find out this eviction was illegal, they simply pack up and drive away leaving me to carry all of my belongings back into my apartment alone. New management wants to offer $1800 to release them from liability. What to do?
Expert:  ScottyMacEsq replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for using JustAnswer.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Can you tell me what state this is in? And did you incur any out of pocket expenses (hotel expenses, etc...) during this time? Have you evaluated any damage to the property and cost to replace?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Cobb county Ga. I have in access of $4000 in damages and this incident was started and concluded within 15 or 20mins. The new management team has all pictures of damaged property

What extent are those proveable damages (i.e. a hotel with a receipt) and what are estimated? That is, can you break down the damages a bit more?

Did you see my question to your issue?

I see you have not responded in some time. Did you wish to continue with this question?