Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
11068102

Does a rooftop bar need to comply with accessibility

Customer Question

does a rooftop bar need to comply with accessibility requirements if another bar onsite is accessible?
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts.

Yes. Assuming you are talking about accessibility under the ADA, separate is inherently not equal. If there is some reason the bar cannot be made accessible it is a different matter, but just having another, different location available does not relieve the owner of the obligation of accessibility.