Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

We took a homeless woman in Jan 1st of 2015, treated her

Customer Question

We took a homeless woman in Jan 1st of 2015, treated her like family...gave her a weekly small amount of money to purchase personal things for herself...She was do keep up with the house and take care of the dogs as her upkeep...she had access to our cars and free gas, even down to free cigeretts...she was pampered, I paid for a full set of dentures for her, and would buy her expensive gifts...We trusted her completely...we even paid for her bus ticket or lent her one of our cars so she could go visit her family in TN, when ever she wanted...She took our car to visit on this Christmas...she came back and had lost her father in law while she was visiting...told us she had someone coming to pick her up to drive back down for the funeral...which we thought was ODD, for she knew full well, we would have allowed her to keep it and stay longer...that night, while my husband and I slept...she stole out of the house taking all her belongings, and then we come to find out she cleaned out our bank account...My question is, can we get her for grand theft and have her put in prison?Thank You, Vickie **** ***@aol.com
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon Vickie,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. I am a GA licensed attorney.

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a nominal charge I can offer you a phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread. Let me know if you don't want a call and I will be happy continue here with an answer for you.

Either way, whether I call you or not, in order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. Have you notified the police of the crime yet?

2. Do you know where this woman is?

3. How did she get access to your bank account?

Thanks in advance,

Doug