Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

Need courageous Palm Beach Cty, FL atty, who can take on

Customer Question

Need courageous Palm Beach Cty, FL atty, who can take on complex MM case- misdiagnosis, concealment mistreatment of patient Ordinary Stat of Lim - 2 yrs., but extenuating circumstances (like mine) need extension to 4 yr. My husband was exposed to toxic chems in NY, misdiagmsed, mistreated, fired by drs in FL, -I have been in grief and had Diabetes w/compi. and spinal steno caused by stress - but now can take on legal matters and doctors without morals. He was treated from begin of 2009, misdiagnosed in 2010 and finally correctly diagnosed with lung cancer - 2011. Jack passed in 2012. Have all documents in case - internist's order for PET Scan and bronchoscopy, handrwitten --and canceled by pulmonologist. Wrong section of Lung was biopsied. I have all results.
Pleae help.
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 11 months ago.

Hello. Thank you for contacting me. I am a consultant here and I am looking forward to assisting you with your question. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Please be patient as I will be typing my responses to you from scratch. Also, I can only answer/address the questions you ask specifically based on the information your provide. Please try to provide as much information as possible so I can best assist you.

Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Is there a question you had regarding the case or are you looking for an attorney to represent you?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank you for your response. I would appreciate your finding a possiblly extend the Statute of Limitations in Florida in Medical Malpractice case from 2 yr. because of my grief and serious illnesses. I believe there are extenuating circumstances. Yes, I am looking for a courageous, patient, moral attorney in West Palm Beach FL, who has ethics and will help me get 3 unprofessional doctors who worked on my husgand's case. He had been exposed to toxic chemicals at asite in NY. The result was misdiagnosis, wrong meds, unprofessional behaviour, fired their sick patient, concealment of facts, the pulmonologist canceled order for PET Scan and bronchioscopy (that had been ordered by internist). Have alll records and handwritten note of internist. Need more time to get thru legal steps at this point.Thank you

Do you have more information you could send me regarding the case?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank you for your response. Yes, I have a document with all the facts of the case that I can e-mail to you. After reading the document, would you please call me in NY where I currently live at **********. My husband, the deceased, and I were living in West Palm Beach, FL. I'm having some trouble with my phone and if you can't reach me (I'm having iit fixed tomorrow). You can reach me at my e-mail address. - ************
I appreciate your help. Problem - Statute of Limitations is 2 yr. - extenuating circumstances of 4 yr should apply. Could you lelt me know iif I could get in under the 4 yr Statute - reasons explained in document.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Stat of Limitations has extenion to 4 yrs. in Medical Malpractice/wrongful death cases with extenuating circumstances (which apply here) wrong meds, misdiagnose, firing of patient (when tests continuously showed malignancy, concealment of facts by doctors, biopsy done in wrong section of lung. Pulmonologist canceled PET Scan and bronchoscopy ordered by Internist (and which wife was asking for specialized tests from early on when malignancy was showing , - considered FRAUD??? - -
From the start, tests EGFR, KRAS and ALK called MSK-IMPACT - screens for mutations in genes should have been done. (American Cancer Society and Sloan Kettering in NY state that with proper testing stage -0- small cell lung cancer can be treated by surgery -- and cured. Jack was seen by internist and pulmonologist, after having blood test - showing infection. From there he was showing serious illness with infiltrates to small section of right lung - biopyy taken from wrong section of lung as that time (before it spread). Facts for extension to 4 yr. Statute - WRONG MEDS, MIAGNOSIS, WRONG TESTNG, CONCEALMENT OF CORRECT DIAGNOSIS, CANCELING PROPER TESTING, NOT ORDERING CORRECT TESTING, FIRING A LUNG CANCER VICTIM, WIFE WAS IN GRIEF FROM MISTREATMENT AND MISDIAGNOSIS - HAD TO SELL CONDO IN FL AND MOVE TO NY WITH FAMILY AND FRIENDS. ALSO HAD COMPLICATIONS FROM DIABETES (it took 9 doctors and 5 major tests) to determine treatment, ALSO HAD SPINAL STENOSIS - AGGRAVATED BY WATCHING HER HUSBAND BEING MISTREATED, MISDIAGNOSED AND FIRED (AFTER CORRECT DIAGNOSIS WAS PROVED) WAS WELL AS GRIEF FROM FINANCIAL LOSSES.
Additional Info: Husband exposed to toxic chemicals/mold and got lung infection Oct. 2009. Tests continuously showed infiltrates in section of right lung. 2/10 Wrong section of right lung was biopsied, and he was misdiagnosed with pneumonia, even as tests showed malignancy and was given methylprednisone by Internist whereby he contacted NTM - 2/10 Internist ordered PET Scan and Bronchoscopy - which Pulmonologist canceled (per Internist's office and hosp records). 3/10 Tests continued to show malignancy - but pulmnologist kept saying it's not lung cancer - - it's pneumonia - He said Internist should not have said malignant lung cancer - even after seeing reports of malignancy in test results. 4/10 Pulmonologist and Infectious Disease doctors then fired Jack (without explanation) - wife/advocate was asking too many questions and taking up too much time (stated by Internist and Pulmonologist). Without proper MSK-IMPACT testing (confirmed by American Cancer Society and Sloan Kettering Cancer in NY, malignancy spread. Proper testing in stage -0- small cell lung cancer can be treated by surgery - - AND CURED. After being fired, in May 2010, Jack saw Dr. ***** *****bby, pulmonologist specialist at Cornell in NY - who ordered further testing - then on to Dr. Jeffrey Binder, regular pulmonoligst in NY - who ordered more testing. In Sept. 2010 Jack was diagnosed with small cell lung cancer by Dr. Krug, oncologist at Sloan Kettering in NY. In Nov. 2010, after PET Scan, broncoscopy, etc. at Cleveland Clinic in Fl, Jack was diagnosed with SCLC. Wife asked Dr. Bruno Bastos, oncologist at Cleveland Clinic in FL if infiltrates were diagnosed and treated correctly, could Jack have been saved from the spread of SCLS, as all tests results showed, and DR. BASTOS - SAID YES. 1/11 Jack started chemo at CC in FL and continued for 6 months - followed by radiation to chest - and then radiation to the brain (MRI showed cancer had not yet spread to brain- but it was still recommended). 12/11 Jack then had a stroke, was hospitralized, went to Nursing Home and finally to Rosary Hill Hospice in NY. After much suffering, he passed on Apr. 11, 2012. Wife was in grief, had complications from diabetes, diagnosed with spinal stenosis - now feels well enough to pursue this unfortunate case. Her sister was also diagnosed with Alzheimer's. Jack was a retired NY atty. living in W. Palm Beach, FL, and was given wrong meds (immunocompromised person) causing NTM, misdiagnosed, fired by doctors, and the doctors were involved in concealment, treated Jack in a completely unprofessional manner, and this was unfortunately the cause of his death. I have all test results, handwritten notes of Internist ordering PET Scan and Broncoscopy and canceled by Pulmonologist back in Feb. 2010. IS THERE ANY SOLUTION FOR THIS TERRIBLE MISJUSTICE??? In Jack's memory and honor, I will continue with this case. I would appreciate any help and input that you can give. Thank you. Mrs. John ******* (Nancy)