Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
11068102

Our son is being evicted from s apartment. Just got out of

Customer Question

Our son is being evicted from his apartment. Just got out of JP court and the case was dissmissed in our favor because they did so many wrong steps. My wife is gaurantor of the apartment. She wants to know if sge should pay the two months rent and eviction fee the apartment wants in order to keep her credit clean.
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 11 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts.

That should stop them from placing the amount on her credit although there is a question as to whether they can charge the eviction fee since the case was dismissed. What she may want to do is have a local lawyer send a letter along with the amount and advise that since the court dismissed the case then they aren't entitled to the eviction fee and if they don't promptly refund it or if it is placed on her credit the lawyer will file a lawsuit for it.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Very helpful

Best wishes to you and please don't forget to leave a Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work.