MIAMILAW1127
MIAMILAW1127, Lawyer
Experience:  Founding Partner at Moises Law, P.A.
89829185

My name is ***** *****,
, I was currently let go at my

Customer Question

Customer: My name is ***** *****,
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I was currently let go at my company after 21 years of service. my last day is tomorrow. with no severance. However, I feel I was targeted by my boss, and after further discussion with the VP, who was my boss for 15+ years, I requested a 6 months severance package. They have now offered me two month. However I feel this is not acceptable and I truly feel 6 months is not out of the question, but I'm willing to meet in the middle at 4 months. What do you think and I do I have any recourse if they say so -- I don't want to have to sue, but if necessary to I have a case.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $36) to post your type of question to Legal Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 11 months ago.

Hello. Thank you for contacting me. I am a consultant here and I am looking forward to assisting you with your question. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Please be patient as I will be typing my responses to you from scratch. Also, I can only answer/address the questions you ask specifically based on the information your provide. Please try to provide as much information as possible so I can best assist you.

Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

They should be willing to meet in the middle and give you 4 months of severance as you are stating. If they are not, you should advise them of the fact that you felt like you were targeted and that you are considering speaking to someone to see what your options are.

I hope this helps. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Thank you.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** start with this and see what happens.

Please do not forget to rate my response at your earliest opportunity. Thank you.