Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I would like to import my car from Dubai (where I currently

Customer Question

I would like to import my car from Dubai (where I currently live) to Atlanta (where I am moving). Can you tell me the procedures and requirements and costs?
Expert:  Maverick replied 11 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer (“JA”)! My name is Maverick. Please note that:

(A) The information we provide is general information. No attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by communicating with me. If you want legal advice, you must consult with a local attorney in person before acting or deciding not to act based on any information given here;

(B) When I feel that I have provided you with a complete answer, I will ask for you to assign a feedback rating so that JA will compensate me for my time; and

(C) You should not be concerned about any short delays between your questions and my replies. Please know that I answer most questions within the hour if I am signed on. If I am not signed on, then I still make every attempt to respond within 24 hours.

Thank you for taking the time to understand how this site works. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Answer will follow in the pane below as per above parameters….

Questions:

1. What type of car is it?

2. Where was it originally manufactured?

3. How much are you willing to spend to convert it to USA specs?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ford Expedition, 2015
Manufactured in Kentucky. Purchased in Abu Dhabi.
I would be willing to spend up to 2500 USD for conversion if necessary.

There are quite a few variable here. Here is a link to the process involved. Please read this and let me know where you have further questions....

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thanks. I found the link previously myself. The complications are why i asked the question. I am not looking for someone to do a search for me. I am asking for expertise and assistance.

The estimated time for me to review this link and others to distill an answer for you on this issue would be 1.5 hours. To cover the opportunity cost of that time, I would need to send you an offer of additional services. My quote would be $82.00 in addition to the deposit you have posted. Please let me know if you want to continue.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No thanks. That is not what i am looking for.