Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
18321761

I have had my gun rights restored in years can I have a gun

Customer Question

I have had my gun rights restored in Virginia for 13 years can I have a gun legally in the lower 48 states
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I travel a lot out of state
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 11 months ago.

If you have a permit to have a gun in Virginia then you can carry in those states that have offer reciprocity to those with a Virginia permit. Your permit would be honored in Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Mexico, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming.

The laws of the individual states must be followed as to where, when and how you can carry. You can familiarize yourself with them on a site such as this one.

If you have no permit, then the site above I just linked you to will give you the car/carry law for individual states.

I assume that when Virginia restored your state rights that you had your Federal rights restored as well. If you do not know if that's true, you don't want to transport firearms out of state as you would be in violation of Federal law.