Delta-Lawyer
Delta-Lawyer, Attorney
Experience:  10 years practicing IP law and general litigation
12711280

I was assulted in private parking lot with security cameras.

Customer Question

I was assulted in private parking lot with security cameras . And wood like see the footage
Expert:  Delta-Lawyer replied 11 months ago.

I hope this message finds you well. I am a licensed attorney with over a dozen years of litigation experience. It is a pleasure to assist you today.

I assume the park management you are referring to means a public park. If that is the case, then you certainly need to immediately send a certified letter to the private parking lot management requesting the video and give them the day and time you need. The reason this should be done soon is to avoid deletion (they typically delete within 30 days). In your letter, tell them not to delete the images as they may be the subject of a pending law suit.

If they refuse, then the only option is to have a subpoena issued to order the release. The only way to have a subpoena issued is to have a law suit filed, or criminal charge pending. As such, you may have to file suit against the private parking lot management or company for lack of security. Once the suit is filed, you can subpoena the video.

Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Please rate my answer positively as well (three or more stars).

Thanks and Best Wishes!

Just checking in with you to see if you had any additional questions or comments. I want to make sure you are as comfortable as possible moving forward. Thanks