Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

November 21, 2014 I received a letter from Westlake

Customer Question

November 21, 2014 I received a letter from Westlake Financial stating they were the new owners of my auto loan. The letter stated my first payment would be due on the 7th of Feb 2015. In Dec 2014 I received a call saying my payment was late. When I told them about the letter, their response was that it was a mistake. They placed Dec payment to the end. I did not pay in January, but have not missed a payment since. They keep calling about Jan payment, and my statement says I am 30 days behind.
Do I have any recourse?
Sincere Thanks
Rebecca Proffitt
Expert:  Chris T., JD replied 11 months ago.

Hello. I'll be happy to assist you.

Have you been assessed any penalties or late fees?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
November 21, 2014 I received a letter from Westlake Financial stating they were the new owners of my auto loan. The letter stated my first payment would be due on the 7th of Feb 2015. In Dec 2014 I received a call saying my payment was late. When I told them about the letter, their response was thatit was a mistake. They placed Dec payment to the end. I did not pay in January, but have not missed a payment since. They keep calling about Jan payment, and my statement says I am 30 days behind.Do I have any recourse?Sincere Thanks
Rebecca ProffittI had to pay 55 dollars to have Decembers payment to the end of the contract. They are also reporting late payment on my credit report.

Do you know if they have actually reported it on your credit, or are they just threatening it?