Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

What is Anti-Terrorism Clearance code and name is *****

Customer Question

Customer: What is Anti-Terrorism Clearance code and name is ***** ***** Garcia
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I talk to you early in the afternoon cause I'm the one at told you my Debit card has money but til midnight in the amount of $60.00. I was making a transfer from investec Banking Onling and transfer to Bank of America in the amount of $600.000.00 but aI got this note about anti-terrorism clearance code
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $36) to post your type of question to Legal Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: What if my card reject
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Customer: which I don't want
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is***** and I received a donation of $1 million from Mr. Merle Butler from the United Kingdom and I paid double taxes $31.400.00 and now it's asking for a anti-terrorism Clearance code and I'm trying to transfer from Investec Bank Online PLC $600.000.00 to Bank Of America here in Arvin California where I live
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have my United Kingdom revenue board tax code which is Tax-UK-USA-752A
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am disable from work I have five back lower lumbar fusion from L2 to S1 and next week I'm going in for next surgery for C-4 C5 and C6 and I want to make sure that my family is secure with this money that if something was to happen they would have this money to pay off the house and pay off some bills
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I meant next week for surgery or it is a possibility the following week the surgeon Will call me within the timeframe to schedule the surgery
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
this is why am asking for your help for this anti-terrorism code for I can transfer this money from the United Kingdom to the United States in California to Arvin Bank Of America with great gratitude I would really appreciate your help if I can get it or direct me to the right direction thank you very much and I'm sorry for the inconvenience
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
I am afraid to tell you but there is no such legal thing as an "anti-terrorism clearance code" it is a scam. See: https://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&p=239886
What you are involved in is called an advance fee scam. They say you are going to receive money from a person you never personally knew and make you pay all sorts of fees or taxes to allegedly get the money, but there is no money and all they are doing is trying to take money from you.
You need to report this to law enforcement authorities in the UK, since that is where you say the person is located.
The only code necessary is a SWIFT code, which is a banking code to verify the banks if there are different banks involved. See: http://www.swift.com/about_swift/company_information/company_information?rdct=t&lang=en
Investec Bank has been used in numerous scams, see: https://www.investec.com/security-centre.html
You need to contact Investec immediately AT THE NUMBER ON THE SITE I GAVE YOU, not on the number this person has given you, because they can tell you if there are any such funds or if this is part of one of the scams. If there are funds, they will tell you what they need from Bank of America and if not they will open an investigation.