Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
11068102

Someone currently in jail violation of terms of house

Customer Question

Someone currently in jail for a violation of terms of house arrest. Due to be released Wednesday. Attempting based on Franklin county records to ensure no charges will arise that would extend time. Online record search has an entry stating WARRANT TO ISSUE UPON FILING OF SOV PER JUDGE'S ENTRY. what does this mean?
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 11 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts.

I'm not sure what the abbreviation SOV means, that isn't a standard legal term so is likely just something that particular clerk who entered it into the system uses but the remainder means that the judge is waiting for some motion or other document to be filed and will then issue a warrant.

Normally if it is a house arrest due to being on probation then it would be a VOP (instead of a SOV) meaning a Motion to Revoke Probation for Violation of Probation. It could mean a Submission of Violation but I have never heard it called a SOV or for that term to be used in modern times.