LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Experience:  10+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
9540344

I live in Florida with my boyfriend we say other half. He

Customer Question

I live in Florida with my boyfriend we say other half. He interduces me as his wife , on the same account, bought truck both names on vehicle, built a barn for me, we lived as a married couple .
Now he wants me to leave. He told me to quit work stay home. Take care of our cows, the place. So I did.
I haven't gotten sick and I am going to apply for diability, have yet because is trying to make stories and kick me out
Do I have any rights? He made me take care of his father, I had to take care of his sister, that has 2 autistic children severe, and I used to take her to the doctor, because she drank to much and on med.
So now,after all of this he abaonded me and told me to get out. I have no here in fl . Both parents are gone, I have no one. I got a engagement ring and his always said I was his wife .
Now I caught him texting a girl and his guilty and talking bad about. Tell ING people I stole money, when we were both on the same account.
What can I do? Also in july or August he stopped taking med for bibolar. So he off the wall.
Do I have any right at all,
Thank you
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon. Would you mind sharing with me what your question is?

Sorry, the rest of the question just appeared

Allow me to respond

Florida does not have common law marriage, so the court would view this as a boyfriend/girlfriend relationship. As such, you would only have a right to those assets, money or things, which you can show were given to you as a gift or as a condition to something, involving the relationship. You would not be entitled to any support and if he wanted you to leave the home, he could give you the proper notice to vacate and if you still remain, proceed with an eviction. If the truck is in both names, you would both share a legal right to it, so could demand the truck or that he buy out your ownership interest. Same goes for any joint account, where there is money.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!