Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

Regarding visi in state of Vatation rights to my

Customer Question

regarding visi in state of Vatation rights to my grandchildren
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 11 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Unfortunately, the US Supreme Court has pretty much gutted all of the state grandparent rights laws when they held that the rights of the parent to decide for their children are fundamental rights (basic civil rights) which cannot be interfered with absent proof by clear and convincing evidence that the parent is unfit. See: Troxel v. Granville, 530 U.S. 57 (2000).
So, I am afraid that now that the parent is mad with you, unless you can prove she is unfit, the VA courts cannot grant you visitation in this situation thanks to the holding of the US Supreme Court.