Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
91018665

My life partner has been in a nursing facility 3 years with

Customer Question

My life partner has been in a nursing facility for over 3 years with anoxic brain injury, I have a paper stating that I am his surrogate. His only living relative is his mother and she lives 1000 miles away, she has agreed to transfer power of attorney over to me so it is legal and binding.. as I am at the facility everyday with him and they recgonize me to handle all of his medical concerns..but it would be much easier to have a poa drawn up..so how do we go about doing this
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 11 months ago.

I am sorry to hear about your partner. You should have an attorney draft one giving you comprehensive right and authority to make all important decisions regarding his/her health and finances.