How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask John Your Own Question
John, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 5171
Experience:  Licensed and practicing attorney.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
John is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Is there any recouse can take after being to mediation? All

Customer Question

is there any recouse can take after being to mediation? All doctors nvolved testified at their deposition agreed I had been permanently damaged by a punctured sciatic nerve caused by an injection of demoral. I went to mediation and settled because I did not have the money to go to court due to the fact my husband passed away during this time. I settled for too little at the insistence of my lawyers. Do I have any recourse now? The Neurontin that I will have to take the rest of my life for pain has adverse effects on me.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

There is a small possibility of setting aside a settlement in such instances, but your case does not appear to be one of them. Settlements can be set aside for fraud or undue influence. Not having the money to pursue the matter is not undue influence and nothing in your question presents that the other side offered you one thing but gave you another. Further, medical malpractice cases are generally taken on a contingent basis, so it's difficult to understand an argument that you did not have enough money to pursue the matter; I assume you are saying that you needed the money at the time of settlement rather than waiting a year or more for the case to litigate. So getting this set aside for you appears to be an insurmountable task; one that I'd have to believe most lawyers would not attempt.

Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

I believe this answers your question. However, if you need clarification or have follow-up questions regarding this matter, I will be happy to continue our conversation – simply reply to this answer. If you are otherwise satisfied with my response, please leave a positive rating as it is the only way I am able to get credit for my answers. Thank you, ***** ***** wish you all the best with this matter.

Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

I am sending you this follow-up to determine if you require further assistance with your matter. I believe I have answered your question to the best of my abilities. I truly enjoy helping others with my knowledge and experience, and I believe I provide a valuable service. If you agree that my response was of value to you, please support my endeavor to share my knowledge by providing a positive rating. You have already been charged the full amount for your question. Providing a positive rating will not cost you any additional charge, but it will permit the website to credit me with answering your question. Otherwise, the website does not credit me with answering your question.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.