Cerecita
Cerecita,
1470369

I have a problem. I am vacationing in Florida and I lost my

Customer Question

I have a problem. I am vacationing in Florida and I lost my drivers license. I am due to fly back to Oregon on 1/1/16. Is there any chance you can tell me what I should do?
Expert:  Cerecita replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome.

The TSA understands that driver's licenses can be lost or stolen on vacation, so they have a list of alternative ID's you can show:

https://www.tsa.gov/travel/security-screening/identification

If you don't have any of these types of identification, don't worry. Because this is your return trip, you already showed your driver's license when you flew to Florida, and that information is in the TSA screeners' computer. In addition, they can access your identifying information, after asking you a few questions, through publicly available databases.

The important thing is, that you arrive at the airport about 2 hours early, since you will need additional screening due to not having a driver's license, and tell the agent at check-in immediately, what your situation is.

You should be able to fly without a problem.

I hope this helped and wish you a very Happy New Year!

Please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback; that is the only way I receive recognition from the site for my assistance. Thank you very much!

Providing a positive rating will not end our conversation, should you need me for any follow-up. Simply click 'Reply' for clarification or additional information, if needed, and I will be happy to continue. There is no additional charge for follow-ups.

Warmest regards,

Cher