LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Experience:  10+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
9540344

I gave my brother a truck, signed the title over to m. Bad

Customer Question

I gave my brother a truck, signed the title over to him. Bad idea and I would like to cancel the transaction. This happened several days ago. Is there anyway to cancel that transaction. I would like to have the truck back. Please help
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 1 year ago.

Good morning. Can you share with me why you decided to do this and why you want it back now? Was this a gift or did he buy the truck from you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I gifted my brother the truck for 1.00. He allowed a shiester to convince him to sign the truck over to them for some "business deal" within 5 days of giving him the truck. Please help.

Thank you for the additional information. If the truck was given to him as a gift, then it was his to do, what he wanted to, with it. When a gift is given, a party can not just take it back, unless there were conditions or terms attached with accepting it. In this case, even though you gave it to him as a gift and he got taken advantage of and gave it away 5 days later, it would not allow you to cancel it and take it back. He would have to go after the person who did this to him and sue them if this was civil or call the police, if it was criminal.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!