CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
71563194

I had a 2 month relationship with a woman when I was in my

Customer Question

I had a 2 month relationship with a woman when I was in my 20's she got pregnant and never told me the baby was mine .. She admitted this in court . Now she wants child support is there anything I can do to fight this ? Or sue her for lost time and damages?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.

Dear Customer,

I am sorry to learn of this situation.

While you are required to pay child support for your own children, you are also entitled to visitation/parental rights for the child.

The New Jersey State Courts have a helpful guide to parenting rights - here: https://www.judiciary.state.nj.us/family/paretime.pdf.

You can enforce your rights in court (via a court order), but most parenting plans are created as a result of mediation - you do not need to have active litigation in order to reach a resolution. Contact your local (county) bar association and ask for referrals to mediators to assist you with this matter, often a third party neutral can assist you in reaching a mutually agreeable resolution.