MIAMILAW1127
MIAMILAW1127, Lawyer
Experience:  Founding Partner at Moises Law, P.A.
89829185

I am a beneficary in my late friends will he passed on

Customer Question

I am a beneficary in my late friends will he passed on 09-06-2015, the will went to probate on 10-062015. My question is how long can the adminstrater, hold off paying me the money my late friend left to me, and can he get out of notpaying? Linda Berger, wagoner,ok.
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 11 months ago.

Hello. Thank you for contacting me. I am a consultant here and I am looking forward to assisting you with your question. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Please be patient as I will be typing my responses to you from scratch. Also, I can only answer/address the questions you ask specifically based on the information your provide. Please try to provide as much information as possible so I can best assist you.

Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

The administrator has to do a few things before paying out the money to the beneficiaries such as pay off all creditors, etc. That may take some time. How much depends on whether the will is challenged by anyone, how many creditors he had, etc.

However, the administrator cannot get out of paying you if there is money left over that should go to you pursuant to the will.

I hope this helps. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Thank you.