Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  16 yrs practice, Civil, Criminal, Domestic, Realtor, Landlord 26 yrs
19958803

I had a car repro back in 2009 they are putting a judgement

Customer Question

I had a car repro back in 2009 they are putting a judgement on me can they do it being so long ago
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.

.

Have you actually been served with a summons?

.

When in 2009 was the car repoed?

.

Have you made any payments since then?

.

.

thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just got a email from the credit agercy the car was repro in Nov 2009 no I have not made a Payment my credit is good now
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No papers yet I just brought a house in July that's why they might be doing that
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

Ok, then they are past the 6 year statute of limitations in TN for them filing suit under a breach of contract claim. If they didn't sue you before Nov 2015, then they would be time barred from doing so now...

.

So it you were never served with a summons and complaint before now, you are in the clear..

.

.

thanks