Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

Is my father who is the trustee required to provide details

Customer Question

Is my father who is the trustee required to provide details of the written plan or requirements of the trusts that are in my name?
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 11 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Unless the trust specifies that an accounting is not required, then as a trustee he must provide an annual accounting to the beneficiaries. The trustee needs to provide beneficiaries copies of the trust documents also regarding the beneficiaries rights under the trust.
If the trustee refuses, the beneficiary can sue the trustee for breach of their fiduciary duty to have them removed or ordered to provide the information.