LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Experience:  9+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
9540344

What rights do I have to throw my grandson thing ot in the

Customer Question

what rights do I have to throw my grandson thing ot in the trash I have giving him since august when I throw him out he said I have attorney better you can get
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 11 months ago.

I certainly understand the situation and your concern. When he vacated the home, his personal items should have been taken with him. If he left them, it could be argued that he abandoned them and has no intent to return and get them. However, you shared that this happened in August and if you provided him with written notice, giving him at least a 30 day notice to retrieve them or else they would be subject to disposal, you should be protected. You can not be expected to just store them and hold on to them and he needs to get these items. If he does not and has been placed on notice, you could dispose of them.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!