Delta-Lawyer
Delta-Lawyer, Attorney
Experience:  10 years practicing IP law and general litigation
12711280

I was given a written warning on the shoulder of the road

Customer Question

I was given a written warning for driving on the shoulder of the road but because I take prescription drugs I have to meet with a state of Minnesota driver evaluator to discuss my driving privaleges. I have diabetes does this mean I will have to take the driver tests written and road and lose my license.
Expert:  Delta-Lawyer replied 11 months ago.

I hope this message finds you well, present circumstances excluded. I am a licensed attorney with over a dozen years of driver license related legal experience. It is a pleasure to assist you today.

The answer to your question is no, you will not have to re-submit to another written test or driving test. However, you will likely have to provide a physician's note that you are capable of safely driver to the MN DMV. As a matter of fact, you should go ahead and get that letter put together by your treating physician to provide at the meeting that you will attend about your license.

Here is some helpful information about diabetes and driving in MN: https://dps.mn.gov/divisions/dvs/forms-documents/Documents/MedicalConditions_and_YourLicense.pdf

Let me know if you have any other questions or comments.

Please rate my answer positively as well (three or more stars).

Best wishes going forward (and this is all going to work out - don't worry).