LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Experience:  9+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
9540344

My question is I I give my x girl thirteen hundred shitsu I

Customer Question

My question is I I give my x girl thirteen hundred for a shitsu I registered him in in ny I paid all his vet fees yearly groomin I take care of him all d way she took him & treaten to sell him or give him to a complete stranger what can I do to get him back..
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 11 months ago.

Good morning. When you say you gave her $1300, you mean you bought the dog from her? What basis and why does she still have the dog and why was he not taken when you broke up?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I took him to spend a few days with my daughter we had a disagreement about some thing n she told me she's keeping her dog

Thank you. The dog is a piece of property, so if you can show ownership, the dog would belong to you. If she refuses to return him, then you would need to sue her. You would need and want to show the Judge that you paid for the dog and have had him all this time and pay for his vet bills and other necessities. Moreover, you can show that she merely had him for a short period of time and you never gave him to her or he was never purchased jointly, when you two were together.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.