Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

City assessed a $750 fine with me not present. This is a

Customer Question

city assessed a $750 fine with me not present. This is a final determination of liability Letter states that I must file a lawsuit seeking administrative review by the circuit court How do I file this?
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 11 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If you were assessed a fine without you being present, that is because it was an administrative determination. So now you have to file a petition to vacate administrative judgment, which means you now need a local attorney to file the petition in circuit court. We cannot provide documents, because the court does not make them available online and you have to get the petition to vacate administrative judgment from the court library asking the librarian for the form books and copying the template from those books. You file the petition with the clerk of circuit court and you have the agency that assessed the fine served a copy of the suit and summons to vacate and the case can be pursued in the court.