Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

With UIFSA I think that is how you state it- the uniform

Customer Question

With UIFSA I think that is how you state it- the uniform interstate family support act(?) the first step is to register the support order into the responding tribunal state. Correct?And this is to have the states essentially linked to enforce child support orders, correct?Then, once the order is registered, how would one go about getting the oblogor's privledges revoked?For instance, my ex husband is very far in arrears. State of Florida won't do anything about drivers license or recreational license, etc... Because hey don't have jurisdiction over him. How do I get them to start the process? Is it by motion in the responding state or initiating state?
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 11 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
You have to file a UIFSA petition in the court in the state where you are seeking to enforce the judgment. So when you file the UIFSA petition you are registering the out of state judgment by attaching it to the petition to be enforced.
Yes, it is how you enforce an out of state order. So you have to file a UIFSA petition in the state where he is located with your FL court order attached and ask that state to enforce the order against your husband.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Okay so it is only the child support order correct?
Thank you for your reply.
Yes, a stamped true copy of the order you are seeking to enforce. So the copy of the support order.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Okay that is what I have already done. We had a hearing in registering the order. Judge was totally confused as to what I was seeking- I told her to register child support order for enforcement.So my other question was once registered do I file a motion to suspend drivers license, etc? He's almost $10,000 in arrears in ledger alone-the remaining arrears are in dispute but those are on the ledger and provable.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Reason I asked the first part was to see if I screwed up or something because she acted so lost.
Thank you for your reply.
You did not do anything wrong if that is what you did, it is just nobody is used to doing UIFSA petitions.