CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
71563194

I am a member of Chaturbate.com. My webcam was used by me to

Customer Question

I am a member of Chaturbate.com. My webcam was used by me to display me in the nude to other members. Somehow two nude videos of me were made and are available on search engines. I wrote to the websites that disseminate the videos and asked them to stop the dissemination. Also I write to the website that possesses the two videos and asked for the videos deletion. I invoked DMCA protection. The websites have not replied to many e-mails from me. Can they be required to comply? How!
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 11 months ago.

Dear Customer,

I am sorry to learn of this situation.
Unfortunately, posting your own photographs or videos online (even if you are posting them in a chat forum vs a website) does create a significant hurdle when trying to claw back these videos.

Here is a very helpful guide to recovering online videos and images that are being used without your consent: http://www.withoutmyconsent.org/resources/conversations-have-your-lawyer#what’s-first-thing-i-should-do-when-unwanted-images-appear-online

The most effective thing to do here is likely going to be hiring a local attorney to write a "cease and desist" letter on your behalf - while it may not be cost effective to actually litigate this matter - an attorney can write a few letters and make some phone calls on your behalf for a relatively small fee. (A lawyer does not give you additional rights, but they do give you additional leverage (which is what you need in this type of matter)).

You can find local attorneys using the State and local Bar Association directories, or private directories such as www.AVVO.com; www.FindLaw.com; or www.Martindale.com (I personally find www.AVVO.com to be the most user friendly).