Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I am ***** *****. I have the same question which is on the

Customer Question

Customer: Hi I am ***** *****. I have the same question which is on the webpage. Does the State of North Carolina recognize breach of promise laws when it comes to marriage?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I want to break off the engagement. As I was going through with it, she tells me that she is pregnant. If we go through with marriage I feel it is in a toxic and unsafe environment
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $36) to post your type of question to Legal Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Expert:  Loren replied 11 months ago.

Good afternoon. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

Expert:  Loren replied 11 months ago.

Are you worried about being sued if you back out of marrying?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank you for responding. I found the answers I am looking through other means and no longer need assistance. Could you please help me close out this order and any other fees.Thank you.Your OrderID: 15886271-100