Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  15 yrs practice, Civil, Criminal, Domestic, Realtor, Landlord 26 yrs
19958803

My grand son lives in ohio I call but s mother does not pick

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** my grand son lives in ohio I call but his mother does not pick up alsoshe listens in although I have never been supportive of her and she refuses to have sam have a phoine I would supply
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: yes I have little interavction with sam but he loves me as much as I do him and he admits he knows I call and says his mother forgets I know this from others
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $36) to post your type of question to Legal Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Expert:  Barrister replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.

.

I am sorry to hear that the mother is interfering with your relationship with your grandson...

.

Did you have a specific legal question that I can help with this morning?

.

.

thanks

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
while I know you can use others on my word but sams other grandparents and his father also are not able to talk to sam as often as they like and also know conversations are monitored by mother although there is no history of anything other than love expressed

Ok, thank you for those additional details.. The way that this works is a customer posts a specific legal question for one of the attorneys on the site and then that attorney will provide a factually and legally correct answer...

.

I am still not sure what your actual question is that I can help with this morning?

.

.

thanks

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
do I have any grounds to legal recourse

If you are asking if you have the right to seek visitation with your grandchild, then the answer is yes, in Ohio, a judge can award a grandparent legal visitation rights if the judge determines that it is "in the best interests of the child".

.

If both you and the father joined in a petition for visitation rights in Ohio, then it is much more likely to be successful since when a parent joins in, that will tend to influence the judge's decision more. But since the child and mother live in Ohio, that is the state where the visitation action would have to be filed. You would also need a local Ohio family law attorney to assist with getting the petition filed..

.

.

thanks